At Life Pharmacy Online we often hear about people who are travelling and concerned about their health, as new experiences come with new risks. A big worry for some people is malaria, depending on where you're travelling to. Preventing malaria is much easier than treating it, so we highly recommend products such as Doxycycline Anti Malaria Tablets which are available in 100 and 50 grams. Anti malaria tablets (including anti-malaria tablets for children) are only available by prescription, as it's important to understand the disease and the risks involved.
What is Malaria?
Malaria is a tropical disease that is caused by parasites and spread by the bites of infected mosquitoes. It is a serious and life threatening disease that needs to be diagnosed and treated right away. If not, it could prove to be fatal. For a person to get infected with the disease, one single mosquito bite is all it takes, so prevention measures are very important.
For people who are going to travel to places that are considered to be high risk for malaria, it is important that they become aware of its symptoms. Those symptoms include the following:
- High temperature or running a fever
- Sweats and chills
- Muscle pains.
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
The above symptoms usually appear on the person infected between 7 and 18 days after he has become infected. There are some cases, however, when the symptoms might not become evident for almost one year and some have experienced even longer than that.
How to Prevent Malaria
It is possible to avoid this dangerous disease. The key thing is to know how it can be prevented from infecting people and spreading.
- The first thing to know is to be aware of the risk factor. If you are going to travel and you are not sure, then it's best that you try to find out if there is any risk in the area that you are going to before you even leave your home.
- Find out if there is any need for you to take malaria prevention tablets and similar medications.
- Bite prevention is one of your best means of protection. In order to avoid being bitten by infected mosquitoes, try using insect repellent and mosquito net that has been treated with insecticide.
- Proper diagnosis is a must. If you start developing any malaria-like symptoms, then you better seek medical advice right away. This should be done even if it has already been over a year since you travelled to any high-risk area.
Overall, prevention is better and easier than any cure for most illnesses, and none more so than malaria. We offer anti-malaria tablets for children and adults to help you prepare for trips outside the UK where the disease may pose a risk, although it's vital to get personal medical advice in this situation and follow guidance from professionals.
Life Pharmacy Online has become a leading online health pharmacy in the UK since our establishment in 2007. We offer professional and knowledgeable medical advice through our blog as part of our efforts to remain a leading online chemist shop in the UK, alongside offering over-the-counter products, discounted quality medicines, private prescriptions and our online prescription service.
To contact us regarding our products, advice or anything else, please get in touch here and we will do our best to help you.