What is Corona (COVID -19)?
A large family of viruses that causes respiratory infections is a coronavirus. These infections range from the common cold to more serious problems. Coronavirus (COVID-19) was first tested in December 2019 in the Wuhan city of China.
In recent weeks the numbers of COVID-19 cases have seen a tremendous rise across the world. The concern increases as there is no vaccine available for the same yet.
How the corona virus spreads
Coronavirus can spread from person to person via:
- Getting in close contact with the infected person
- Coming in contact with infected person’s sneeze or cough droplets
- Touching your face or mouth after touching objects or surfaces having infected person’s sneeze or cough droplets
COVID-19 can spread quickly and widely as it’s a new disease and there is no existing resistance against the same in our community.
There is no cure for Coronavirus, but medical care can help to treat the same.
How to Prevent Corona or COVID-19?
To prevent the infection of COVID-19 disease to yourself and others, experts recommend the following five measures.
1. Practice Good Hygiene
Practicing good hygiene plays an important role to protect against infection and controlling the virus from spreading. Good hygiene covers:-
- Washing your hands more often with soap and water
- Prefer alcohol-based sanitizers
- Proper disposal of tissues
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or your elbow
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces
- Maintain minimum one and a half meters distance from sick people
- Sanitize those objects which you use more often like your keys, mobiles, and wallets
2. Wear Surgical Masks
Wearing a surgical mask will help coronavirus disease transmission in public if you are infected. Studies conducted reveal that wearing a surgical protects you from respiratory illnesses or pandemics in certain circumstances.
3. Maintain Social Distance
The spread of viruses can be slowed down if people maintain social distance
- Always ensure that you maintain a distance of 1.5 meters whenever you meet other people. Avoid shaking hands, kisses, etc.
- Avoid large public gatherings if not necessary
- If sick, stay isolated from others
- Try and reduce physical contact with people with existing health conditions and elderly people as these groups of people are at higher risk to contract the disease
4. Don’t Panic
Unless you have been in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19 disease or have traveled to infected areas, then treat any cold or cough symptoms as normal. If you suffer from a sore throat, cold, cough, runny nose, sneezing or are just generally unwell you can check cough and cold products available with the UK online pharmacy – Life Pharmacy. You can get some of the most popular brands like Lemsip or Vicks, Benylin, and Beechams with us.
The NHS advises people to call 111 to avoid the risk of infecting other people. Visit NHS 111 online or call NHS 111 if you feel there is a need to speak to someone.
There is no vaccine as of now for Coronavirus till now but scientists around the world are busy developing the same. The WHO believes that the same will be available within a span of eighteen months.
Flu shots are available and it is advisable to take the flu vaccine as if you contract both COVID-19 and flu at the same time you will be very serious.
COVID-19 began spreading from China and has now become a global news story. There have been several rumors, misinformation, and associated myths online.
The NHS and the UK Government both are trying to keep the public up-to-date with new improvements and advice. You can check the following sources frequently.
- The UK coronavirus (COVID-19) page
- The NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) page
Also, you can refer to the World Health Organization website for more protective measures against coronavirus
If you are looking at an authentic UK pharmacy and trusted place for getting pharmaceutical products and drugs, Life Pharmacy is the safest. You can rely on us as your online pharmacy partner as we offer convenience, privacy at the same time great deals. We are a family-run online chemist shop in the UK, since our beginning in 2007 in London.
Even if you are unable to search whatever you are seeking on your UK online pharmacy just give us a call on 0207 511 8292 and we will assist you with your requirements.
Explore Life Pharmacy for your requirements today.
Get Well Soon!!